Quartz is a man-made product from 93% quartz (one of the hardest natural substances), and 7% resin binders and pigments. It has a more consistent appearance than natural stone and the quality and appearance is identical in every slab. It is used for almost any applications.
The list of characteristics below will assist you in deciding whether or not quartz is the right material for your application:
- Extremely hard material
- Scratch resistant
- Easy to maintain (no sealing required)
- Quality and appearance remains the same in every slab
- Come in smaller slabs than granite
- Smaller variety of colours than granite
- 20 – 25 lbs per sq.ft
- Quartz is mostly recommended for contemporary style applications due to its solid and consistent appearance.